CARPAL TUNNEL TREATMENTAlleviate your carpal tunnel pain by visiting Spring Creek Medical Center in Logan, UT
Carpal Tunnel Treatment in Logan
Find yourself dealing with wrist pain? The median nerve in the wrist enables movement and feeling in parts of the hand. Pressure on this nerve leads to a condition called Carpal Tunnel Syndrome. This syndrome has several damaging effects on the hand and fingers, including weakness, tingling, numbness, and even muscle damage.
The median nerve is primarily responsible for the thumb side of the hand. The area often effected can include the thumb, palm, index, middle fingers and thumb side of the ring finger. The carpal tunnel is the area of your wrist where the nerve enters the hand. This tunnel is typically narrow and very sensitive.
Any swelling can pinch the nerve and cause numbness, tingling, weakness, and pain. This is called carpal tunnel syndrome. Some who suffer from this syndrome were born with a small carpal tunnel. However, most commonly carpal tunnel syndrome develops after repeatedly using the wrist in the same motion over time—playing an instrument, typing with a keyboard, using various hand tools, or playing certain sports.
Carpal tunnel syndrome occurs most often in people 30 to 60 years old and is more common in women than men.
Carpal Tunnel Syndrome Symptoms:
- Weak grip or clumsiness of the hand when gripping objects (carrying bags is a common complaint)
- Numbness or tingling in the thumb and next two or three fingers on one or both hands
- Numbness or tingling of the palm of the hand
- Pain extending to the elbow
- Pain in the wrist or hand in one or both hands
- Problems with fine finger movements (coordination) in one or both hands
- Wasting away of the muscle under the thumb (in advanced or long-term cases)
- Weakness in one or both hands
Testing for Carpal Tunnel
During a physical examination the health care provider will look for any of the following:
- Numbness in the palm, thumb, index finger, middle finger, or thumb side of the ring finger
- Weak grip
- They may try tapping over the median nerve at the wrist. This can cause pain to shoot from the wrist to the hand (this is called Tinel’s sign)
- Bending the wrist forward all the way for 60 seconds will usually result in numbness, tingling, or weakness (this is called Phalen’s test)
- Nerve Conduction Velocity (NCV) is a test to see how fast electrical signals move through a nerve
Our team at Spring Creek Medical Center in Logan are experts at helping you recover quickly from any type of Carpal Tunnel condition. The medical doctor, chiropractor, and physical therapist are committed to your health and work together to offer you exceptional care.
Request an appointment for carpal tunnel treatment in Logan, UT at Spring Creek Medical Center.
267 Spring Creek Pkwy Providence, UT 84332
Spring Creek Medical Center successfully treats back pain, neck pain, knee pain, arthritis, headaches, and migraines and has helped many individuals live a pain-free life. Our chiropractor, physical therapist, and massage therapists proudly serve all of Cache Valley, including Logan, Providence, Smithfield, Nibley, Hyrum and North Logan, Utah.