FIBROMYALGIA TREATMENTLearn more about our fibromyalgia treatment in Logan, UT and how we can help you
Fibromyalgia Treatment in Logan, UT
Fibromyalgia is a common syndrome in which a person has long-term, body-wide pain and tenderness in the joints, muscles, tendons, and other soft tissues. It has also often been linked to fatigue, sleep problems, depression, headaches, and anxiety. It is most common among women aged 20 to 50. The cause is still unknown. Possible causes or triggers of fibromyalgia include:
- Physical or emotional trauma
- Abnormal pain response – areas in the brain responsible for pain react differently in fibromyalgia patients
- Infection, such as a virus, although none have been verified
- Sleep disturbances
Symptoms of Fibromyalgia
- Pain is the main symptom of fibromyalgia. It can be mild to severe.
- Painful areas are called tender points. Tender points are found in the soft tissue on the back of the neck, shoulders, chest, lower back, hips, shins, elbows, and knees. The pain then spreads out from these areas.
- The pain may feel like a deep ache or a shooting, burning pain.
- The joints are achy and sore.
- People with fibromyalgia tend to wake up with body aches and stiffness. For some patients, pain improves during the day and gets worse at night. Some patients have pain all day long.
- Pain may get worse with activity, cold or damp weather, anxiety, and stress.
- Fatigue, depressed mood, and sleep problems are seen in almost all patients with fibromyalgia. Many say that they can’t get to sleep or stay asleep, and they feel tired when they wake up.
- Irritable bowel syndrome (IBS)
- Memory and concentration problems
- Numbness and tingling in hands and feet
- Reduced ability to exercise
- Tension or migraine headaches
Treatment and Pain Management
The goal of treatment is to help relieve pain and other symptoms and learning how to cope with the symptoms. The first type of treatment may involve:
- A thorough medical exam
- Physical therapy
- Chiropractic care
- Exercise and fitness program
- Stress-relief methods, including massage therapy
At Spring Creek Medical Center, our team of fibromyalgia experts in can help you recover quickly. Our nurse practitioner, chiropractor, and physical therapist work together and make a solid team to help patients recover. Contact us to learn more information about our fibromyalgia treatment in Logan, Utah.
267 Spring Creek Pkwy Providence, UT 84332
Monday - Thursday:
8:00 am – 6:00 pm
Friday - Saturday:
Spring Creek Medical Center successfully treats back pain, neck pain, knee pain, arthritis, headaches and migraines and has helped many individuals live a pain-free life. Our chiropractor, physical therapist, massage therapists and nurse practitioner proudly serve all of Cache Valley, including Logan, Providence, Smithfield, Nibley, Hyrum and North Logan, Utah.