HIP PAIN TREATMENTReceive an accurate diagnosis for your hip pain at Spring Creek Medical Center
Hip Pain Treatment in Logan, UT
Hip pain is actually a very common problem. It can be difficult to accurately diagnose because there are so many causes and symptoms associated with it. It’s important to understand and properly treat your condition. Spring Creek Medical Center offers hip pain treatment in Logan that can help. First, review the following common causes of hip pain.
Common Causes of Hip Pain
- Trochanteric Bursitis is a common condition that causes inflammation on the outside of the hip joint.
- One of the most common causes of hip pain is arthritis. Many different forms of treatment are available to help alleviate hip pain caused by arthritis.
- Muscle strains occurring around the hip and pelvis can cause spasms and pain. The most common are hamstring strains and groin pulls.
- Tendonitis most frequently develops around the hip, commonly referred to as an iliotibial band, or IT band, tendonitis. However, tendonitis can develop in any of the tendons around the hip joint.
- Lumbar pain, located in the spine and back, can also affect the hip and buttocks. Herniated discs and sciatica most commonly cause this pain around the hips.
When You Should Consult with a Doctor For Hip Pain
It is always best to talk to a doctor if you can’t identify the cause of your symptoms or you’re unsure of the treatment necessary for your condition. In order for your hip pain to be alleviated, the specific cause of it must be treated. Seek medical attention if you are experiencing any of the following symptoms:
- Any indicators of infection, including fever, increased warmth, or redness
- Swelling in the thigh or hip area
- Hip pain lasting more than a few days
- Limited movement or trouble bending the hip
- Hip pain that continues while resting or at night
- Deformity around the hip joint caused by injury
- Trouble walking comfortably on either side
It is vitally important that the cause of your symptoms are diagnosed correctly before beginning treatment. Treatment will only be effective if the cause of your pain is identified and targeted. If you have questions regarding the diagnosis or severity of your condition, seek medical advice before moving forward with any treatment.
Our Team of Experts at Spring Creek Medical Center are properly trained to treat various types of hip pain. Our medical doctor, physical therapist, and chiropractor work as a team and are eager to work with you and help you find relief from your hip pain.