NECK PAIN TREATMENTSpring Creek Medical takes care of irritating neck pain in Logan UT
Neck Pain Treatment in Logan, UT
So what causes neck pain? It is a common problem and almost two-thirds of the population have suffered from it at some point in their lives. Here are a few causes behind neck pain:
- Doing something of a sedentary nature, such as sitting and typing for prolonged periods of time, can cause neck pain.
- Aging causes the bones and discs in the spine to wear out, causing pain and discomfort.
- Accidents, injuries, illness, and other medical factors that can be treated in traditional ways can also be the causes behind neck pain.
Activities That Harm Your Neck
Most neck pain is caused by activities that involve repeated or prolonged movements of the neck. This can result in muscle strain (an overstretched or overused muscle), a sprain (injury), or inflammation that leads to spasms in the neck muscles or joints. Here are some examples:
- Holding your head in a forward or awkward position for long periods of time while working, reading, driving, and watching TV.
- Talking over the telephone with the handset held between the ear and the shoulder.
- Sleeping on a pillow that is either too high or too flat, that doesn’t support your neck properly or sleeping on your stomach with your neck twisted or bent awkwardly.
- Spending long periods of time resting your forehead on your upright fist or arm.
- Exercise or work that uses the upper body and arms, such as painting a ceiling or doing some work overhead.
Stress and intense focus on a task can also cause neck pain. This is common is corporate offices, where there are strict and tough deadlines to meet. Tension may develop in one or more of the muscles that connect the head, neck, and shoulders and they may hurt and feel tight. For the vast majority of people, neck pain can be treated conservatively.
Treatment for Neck Pain
At Spring Creek Medical our Team of experts in neck pain can help you recover quickly. The medical doctor, chiropractor, and physical therapist working together make a solid team to help the patients recover from any type of neck condition.
- Pain that radiates to the shoulders, arms, hands, or fingers
- Morning neck or shoulder stiffness or a limited range of movements after getting out of bed
- Neck or shoulder tenderness or numbness
- Weakness or tingling in your neck, shoulders, arms, hands, or fingers
- Loss of balance, which is very common and is relieved after starting yogic exercises
267 Spring Creek Pkwy Providence, UT 84332
Monday - Thursday:
8:00 am – 6:00 pm
Friday - Saturday:
Spring Creek Medical Center successfully treats back pain, neck pain, knee pain, arthritis, headaches and migraines and has helped many individuals live a pain-free life. Our chiropractor, physical therapist, massage therapists and nurse practitioner proudly serve all of Cache Valley, including Logan, Providence, Smithfield, Nibley, Hyrum and North Logan, Utah.