While specific nutritional needs vary from person to person, one thing is universal—eating a healthy, well balanced diet is essential for optimal health and wellness.
Eating a balanced diet can help you feel stronger and more energized, lose weight or manage a healthy weight, build your immune system, delay aging, reduce the risk of chronic diseases like type 2 diabetes, positively boost your mood, help you focus, and even add longevity to your life.
Of course the needs and benefits are unique to each individual, and we can help you maintain a nutritional diet that works for you. Here are a few basic but powerful daily practices that, when implemented consistently, can make a significant difference in your life.
Tips For Healthy Eating
- Eat enough protein. The amino acids found in protein are essential for building and repairing bone and muscles and producing hormones and enzymes in the body. In short, protein is what helps your body repair cells and make new ones. Fish, poultry, lean beef, beans, nuts, cottage cheese, and eggs are all excellent options.
- Choose good carbs, like whole grains. Limit empty carbs like sweetened beverages, cake, candy, white bread, and other highly processed foods.
- Limited foods high in saturated fat and trans fat. Choose healthy fats instead, like nuts, avocados, cheese, eggs, plant oils, and fish.
- Add plenty of fiber into your diet with whole grains, fruits, and vegetables.
- Eat a variety of fruits and vegetables. Go for a variety of colors and types.
- Drink water first. Most people don’t drink enough water in their day, even though it can actually help control calorie intake, prevent dehydration, balance bodily fluids, energize muscles, improve the appearance of skin, and maintain proper function of the kidneys and bowels. Skip sugary drinks or sodas, and even milk and juice.
- Choose fresh foods over processed foods as much as possible, and limit the amount of salt you eat.
Chiropractor In Providence, Utah
We’re here every step of the way on your health and wellness journey—as your chiropractor in Logan, Utah plus so much more.