While we do specialize in whiplash treatment in Logan, Utah, our ultimate goal is for accidents and injuries to be avoided all together.
So as you hit the road this holiday season to get your shopping done, visit family, or attend a holiday party, keep these practices in mind for staying safe and preventing accidents.
Stay Safe On Winter Roads
Roads can be especially slick and icy this time of year, so use extreme caution behind the wheel—whether in the midst of severe weather or not. Even small amounts of ice or snow can lead to dangers on the road.
- Stick to main roads, highways, and flat terrain if you can. Avoid back roads, hills, and slopes as much as possible.
- Avoid driving at night and always have a passenger with you.
- Prepare for an emergency situation with blankets, water, and other necessities in your vehicle at all times.
- Let a family member or friend know where you’re headed and check-in with them when you reach your destination.
- If you do find yourself in the middle of a blizzard or snowstorm, slowly pull off the road and turn on your hazard lights. Stay in your car and keep yourself visible to emergency personnel.
- In case you’re stranded for a prolonged period of time, don’t leave your car continuously running. Run it for about 10 minutes every hour to keep you warm with a window cracked to prevent the buildup of carbon monoxide. Keep your exhaust pipe free from snow, and try to keep your vehicle visible from the side of the road as snow piles up.
- If you spend the night in your vehicle, turn on an interior light so emergency personnel can spot you.
- Accelerate and pump your brakes slowly on winter roads.
- Leave plenty of distance between you and the vehicle in front of you.
Whiplash Treatment In Logan, Utah
If you do suffer from a vehicle-related injury, Spring Creek Medical Center can help with whiplash treatment in Logan, Utah.