Now that it’s halfway through October, it’s the time of year for all things scary! While the thought of ghosts, goblins and spooky stories may give you the chills this Halloween, there’s something far scarier that haunts millions of Americans year-round – back pain.
Most individuals will struggle with some type of back pain during their lives. On top of that, here are our top 10 back pain statistics to watch out for:
1. Most Americans Will Experience Back Pain
2. Lower Back Pain on the Rise
3. Back Problems More Common in Women Than Men
4. Back Pain Affecting Work
5. Back Pain Impacting Everyday Activities
In an APTA Move Forward survey, there were more than 2,600 respondents. From their shared experience, it was discovered that the following tasks were affected by back pain:
- Daily tasks (39%)
- Exercise (38%)
- Sleep (37%)
6. Majority of Cases from Desk Workers
7. Frequency of Back Pain Among Pregnant Women
8. Unknown Cause of Back Pain
9 & 10: The Financial Costs
Don’t Struggle With Back Pain Anymore!
Here at Spring Creek Medical Center, it’s our job to make sure you feel great (or are on your way there)! Give us a call at (435) 792-9400 if you are experiencing troubling back pain and we’ll help you out!