DIET AND NUTRITIONSpring Creek Medical Center in Logan can help you with adequate diet and nutrition
Understanding Diet and Nutrition
Your understanding of diet and nutrition is key for optimal health. When you have a balanced diet, you feel better, healthier, and have more energy to complete your daily tasks and the things you love.
At Spring Creek Medical Center, we help advise a healthy nutritional diet by discussing proper food intake. We can also give nutritional advice like when supplementation is needed and help an individual get their basic daily nutrition. Weight loss management and training are also available.
A successful diet and nutrition program is followed by a health coach and they assist you in achieving your diet and weight loss goals.
There Are Several Benefits To Having a Nutritious Diet, But Here Are 10:
- Good nutrition improves well-being. Eating a poor diet reduces both physical and mental health.
- It’s expensive to be unhealthy. According to the U.S. Department of Agriculture, a healthier diet could prevent at least $71 billion per year in medical costs and lost lives. Nearly 2/3 of American adults are overweight or obese and 75% of healthcare dollars are spent on treating preventable diseases.
- Helps you manage a healthy weight. “There is no one diet, no diet pill and no surgery that lets people eat whatever they want and still expect weight loss and improved health. Maintaining a healthy diet and exercise program is needed to achieve those goals. Use food for its purpose: Nourishment.”
- Maintains your immune system. Our immune system is our defense against disease and poor nutrition is the most common cause of immunodeficiencies worldwide.
- Delays the effects of aging. Certain vitamins, minerals, and antioxidants are good for the skin and help promote skin cell regeneration.
- Gives you energy. All of our energy comes from the foods and liquids we consume.
- Reduces the risk of chronic disease. According to the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention, risk factors for chronic diseases, like type 2 diabetes, have been increasingly seen at younger ages and is a result of unhealthy eating and weight gain.
- Healthy eating positively affects your mood. As much as food affects our mood, mood also affects our food choices.
- Increase focus. Diets high in fat and cholesterol can seriously damage the brain by building up plaque in brain vessels, damaging brain tissue and causing strokes.
- A healthy diet may lengthen your life. Diets that are rich in nutrients and do not contain processed foods have been found to have a positive effect on life expectancy.
267 Spring Creek Pkwy Providence, UT 84332
Monday - Thursday:
8:00 am – 6:00 pm
Friday - Saturday:
Spring Creek Medical Center successfully treats back pain, neck pain, knee pain, arthritis, headaches and migraines and has helped many individuals live a pain-free life. Our chiropractor, physical therapist, massage therapists and nurse practitioner proudly serve all of Cache Valley, including Logan, Providence, Smithfield, Nibley, Hyrum and North Logan, Utah.